Wednesday, November 18, 2009

From Ivy Degree to Retail Destiny

I majored in English. Let’s just get it out there. English literature. And no, I don’t want to teach, but thanks for asking. Yes folks, I chose to pull all-nighters over a subject I liked, and now I’m working retail, where I’ve been hanging Christmas stockings on synthetic trees since late September. With Christmas still a month away, and Jingle Bell Rock singing me to sleep between shifts, I find myself creating my wish list for Santa early.

Dear Santa,
I have been a very good girl this year. I graduated from college with A’s on my report card. This year I want:
- A job where I’m not obligated to pressure people into more debt.
- A job that’s packaged neatly under my tree, so I won’t receive any more emails that say: Your resume looks great but we are unable to accept your application; or We love your clips but we can’t afford to hire interns at this time. (Translation: rejected.)
- A coffeemaker (even after leaving my ivy-covered alma mater I still survive with more caffeine than plasma in my bloodstream).
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
P.S. Oh, and a kitten too please.

No comments:

Post a Comment